The Roger Clemens Foundation is an entity dedicated to helping children. It was established in 1992 by Roger and Debbie Clemens in order to ensure that funds raised by the Foundation through golf tournaments, silent auctions and other events, would be properly distributed to the charities and organizations that they have committed to support.
The Foundation exists for the purpose of carrying on and supporting educational, charitable, literary, scientific and religious activities for children, with a special emphasis on underprivileged and at-risk children, and children with special needs.
Among the numerous organizations that The Roger Clemens Foundation has supported are: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Variety Clubs International, Boys and Girls Clubs of America, Make A Wish Foundation, The Jimmy Fund, Sunshine Kids, Periwinkle Foundation, and the National Paralysis Foundation, Starlight Children's Fund of Canada.
The Foundation has also provided either ongoing or one-time support to a number of local organizations benefiting children in Texas and the Houston area: Spring Branch Education Foundation, Paws For A Cause, Initiatives For Children, Arbor House Preschool, St. Francis Episcopal School, Bunker Hill Elementary School, Memorial Drive Elementary School, Memorial High School, Spring Woods High School, Boys and Girls Clubs of Houston, the Texas Chapter of Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa Research Association (DEBRA), Muscular Dystrophy Association, and the Multiple Sclerosis Society. Support has also been provided through the years for numerous organizations in Boston, Toronto and New York.
There are many organizations that Roger has supported and continues to support since the Foundation's inception through donation of memorabilia for auction, and with gifts and personal appearances in hospitals and shelters. Among these in the Houston, Texas area are the Star of Hope Family & Children's Center, Texas Children's Hospital, and the Mission of Yahweh Women's and Children's Center. Roger and Debbie also donate their time by participating in special charity events.
The Roger Clemens Foundation is the realization of a dream Roger had early in his career to help fulfill the needs, ease the suffering, and encourage and support children from all walks of life. In doing so, he and Debbie have been and continue to be able to give back to their community by sharing a portion of their success through the efforts of the Roger Clemens Foundation.
Jan Wilde, the Roger Clemens Foundation Executive Director
- Organized and coordinated the collection and distribution of food donations for the Houston Food Drive.
- Organized and coordinated the donations, design and crew for the "While You We Out" condominium project with:TLC, BBC, Discovery Network, Texas Children's Hospital, HEB, Gallery Furniture.
- Facilitated the remodeling of the Spring Branch Independent School District's Memorial High School field house and weight room including installation of state of the art weight training and conditioning equipment.
- Coordinated Morton's Legendary Evening honoring Roger Clemens and benefiting the Spring Branch Education Foundation, Paws with a Cause, The DePelchin Children's Center, Harris County Sheriff's D.A.R.E. Program, and Houston Hospice.
- Planned and coordinated the Battle of the Best Charity Softball game which pitted the MLB Bombers (major league baseball players) against the Houston Texans (a championship senior men's softball team). The game was held at Rice University's Reckling Park and included commemorative programs featuring the participants. The program advertising revenues and the gate receipts were used to benefit Houston children's charities.
- Organized and hosted the "Spooky" Halloween Festival & Silent Auction. Attendees were required to come in costume and recognition was given for best costumes. Funds raised from the Festival and Silent Auction benefited Houston's children's charities and Texas Children's Hospital.
- Organized and arranged the Second Annual Champagne & Confections Silent Auction benefiting Houston children's charities and The Mission of Yahweh.
- Organized and arranged the Champagne & Confections Silent Auction benefiting Houston's Star of Hope Women & Family Center.
- Organized and arranged the Roger Clemens National Celebrity Golf Tournament benefiting The Boys & Girls Clubs, Make-A-Wish Foundation and The Arbor Pre-School.
- Organized and arranged the Second Annual Roger Clemens – Doug Drabek National Celebrity Golf Tournament and Gala benefiting Montgomery County Youth Services.
- Organized and arranged the Second Annual Roger Clemens Baseball Camp benefiting Cystic Fibrosis.
- Organized and arranged Christmas for Kids, co-sponsored by Neiman Marcus benefiting The Arbor Pre-School.
- Organized and arranged The First Annual Roger Clemens – Doug Drabek National Celebrity Golf Tournament and Gala benefiting The Limb Bank, The Wheel Chair Program, The Sunshine Kids, Homeless Youth – Transitional Living Program, Youth Counseling Program and The Straight Way Program.
- Organized and arranged The First Annual Roger Clemens Baseball Camp benefiting Cystic Fibrosis.